Friday, January 16, 2009

Help My Unbelief, Part 1

Last year I was spent a lot of time studying the first four books of the New Testament and in my study I was really struck by how much the promises of gospel are linked to our belief Christ.

John 6:35 - "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

John 6:40 “For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

Mark 11:24 - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

John 1:12 - "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God..."

John 3:16 & 18 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life... Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

Jesus places a huge emphasis on our trust, our faith and our belief in Him.

So, I’ve been taking more and more time to think and pray about how much I really do believe in Christ for all things. Am I trusting in Christ’s perfect will, His wisdom and His faithfulness for my life or am I believing in my own ability (or should I say inability) to make life work out the way that I think it should?

That's the struggle of sin, isn't it?

No comments: